Last year, all the guests were amazed that all of the food was vegan and everyone ate themselves silly. I like doing this dinner because it shows how awesome vegan food can be, but it also shows a little bit about western culture. Most of our guests wouldn't have any other opportunity to eat Christmas dinner.
It's going to be next weekend, just before Sarah leaves to go back to Scotland for the holidays. I'll be stuck here...
So I've finished up the menu. Here it is:
Appetizers (last year people filled up on these too much, so I cut them down)
- onion dip (La Dolce Vegan)
- Pumpkin dinner rolls (from a Vegan Freak Forum recipe-by the way, registration's open, come join!)
- Tea Rolls (from Bryanna's Vegan Feast Newsletter Holiday 2007 issue)
- Sweet potatoes with apples and walnuts
- Carrots on the side
- Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Glazed Vegetables
- Stuffing (from a recipe from VFF)
- Gravy (VFF)
- Mashed potatoes
- Seitan Roast (with the stuffing from above, probably)
- Seitan Tenderloin (from the Vegan Feast Newsletters Holiday 2007)
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Fudge (from the Joy of Vegan Baking)
- Pumpkin Pie
I can't wait!